Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Manager – New England Region
We are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Manager to provide senior leadership, technical expertise, and business development to our established and expanding New England region.
As a GEODesign employee, you can expect to work on challenging projects that will include all facets of geotechnical engineering including foundation designs, subsurface explorations, rock engineering, dam engineering, blast engineering, support of excavation and underpinning, secant pile walls, tieback anchors, instrumentation, vibration monitoring, and value engineering. We have been retained as a consultant for hundreds of infrastructure projects, including all types of buildings, highways, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, rock slopes, and bulkheads.
GEODesign has been working in New England for over 25 years from our offices located in Connecticut and Vermont. However, since New England covers a large area and opportunities abound, we are very open to establishing an additional office or work location that benefits the candidate and the company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide a leadership role for the New England offices.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Manage projects and staff, including technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Prepare technical scopes of work for proposals and projects, project budgets, requests for proposals for contractors, and technical reports.
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary, multi-geographic project teams.
- Assist in recruiting and training staff.
- This position has a travel component and some overnight travel is required.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field. A Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- 15+ years of professional experience in geotechnical engineering, which should include significant project management experience, including proposal preparation and budgeting, knowledge of state and federal regulations, and proven or potential business development skills.
- Extensive engineering background, including a strong fundamental knowledge of principles of civil and geotechnical engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude with a desire and ability to participate in business development efforts to generate new work.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments as needed.
- Willingness and ability to perform field tasks and oversight.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
GEODesign Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Market competitive salary, including eligibility for an annual performance bonus.
- 401(k) matching and eligibility for profit sharing.
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and more.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Reimbursement for professional dues, professional licenses, education and conference attendance.
- Potential opportunity to be a shareholder.
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.