Geotechnical Staff Engineer – VT Office
GEODesign is seeking a full-time entry level geotechnical engineer to provide geotechnical services on design and construction projects in Vermont and surrounding states. As a GEODesign employee, you can expect to work on challenging projects that will include all facets of geotechnical engineering from design of foundations, slope repairs, and excavation support systems, to field oversight of subsurface explorations, deep foundations and geotechnical instrumentation.
The responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Field logging of soils boring and test pits.
- Construction field services such as pile driving inspection, earthwork monitoring / compaction testing, slope stabilization and foundation subgrade
- Laboratory testing including sieve gradation analyses and Atterberg Limits tests.
- Geotechnical instrumentation installation and/or monitoring.
- Working with senior engineers to perform engineering calculations and prepare geotechnical reports and proposals.
The requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree of Science in Civil Engineering. (Graduate degree in geotechnical engineering is a plus, but not required.)
- 0-2 years of geotechnical or civil engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with
- Maintaining a professional image and a respectful attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- A reliable form of transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Regular travel in VT and occasional out-of-state travel.
GEODesign is a well-established geotechnical engineering firm headquartered in Connecticut with offices in NJ, VT, NY and OR. We have been retained as a consultant for hundreds of infrastructure projects, including all types of buildings, highways, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, rock slopes, and bulkheads.
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to Jacob Wimett, P.E. (email@example.com).