GEODesign was retained by Amtrak as the prime consultant to develop cost effective rockfall remediation designs that can be constructed within the limited confines of an operating railroad while minimizing schedule impacts to the traveling public.
The Solutions Unearthed
- Perform subsurface and geophysical investigations.
- Prepare a geotechnical report to provide results of the field investigations and potential rockfall stabilization solutions.
- Design rock slope remediation, including scaling, rock bolts, anchored cable mesh, drape nets, rock fence, buttresses, and shotcrete.
- Provide permit preparation including documentation for Federal Railroad Administration as required under the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Prepare construction documents for third-party contractors.
- Provide construction administration services including bid assistance, RFI, and submittal reviews.
Client: National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak)