GEODesign provided geotechnical engineering, support of excavation design, construction administration, and special inspection services. This included test borings and test pits, geophysical bedrock fracture orientation testing, foundation design recommendations, obtaining NYC Transit permission, and preparing an historic structure monitoring plan that was acceptable to the Landmarks Commission.
The Solutions Unearthed
- Performed test borings, test pits, and geophysical testing within tight site constraints so that critical bedrock depth and quality information could be obtained.
- Balanced the maximum rock bearing capacity with the minimum excavation amount.
- Designed high capacity rock anchors.
- Developed precautions for a sensitive below grade utility tunnel located adjacent to the construction site.
- Value engineered the SOE with the contractor to be consistent with their practices and the site conditions.
- Worked quickly with the GC and foundation contractor to address unforeseen construction conditions.
Client: Lendlease Development Inc.