Project Geotechnical Engineer – CT Office
- Location: Middlebury, CT
- Geography: New England / NYC Metro
- Desired Experience Level: 6 – 12 years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering
- Required Education: Graduate degree with Geotechnical Engineering focus; Strong candidates with a BS degree and relevant work experience will be considered.
- Authorization required to work in US: Yes
GEODesign is a premier geotechnical specialty engineering consulting firm headquartered in Connecticut, with offices in NJ, VT, NY and OR. We are a regional industry leader providing services in the fields of geotechnical, environmental, forensic, and construction engineering. GEODesign has an immediate opening in Connecticut for a project level geotechnical engineer to provide geotechnical services on design and construction projects in New England and Metro New York areas.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an emerging professional in geotechnical engineering to work on a wide variety of projects such as highways & bridges, buildings, water front structures, land development, forensic engineering, dam engineering, and environmental remediation. GEODesign offers great growth potential and learning opportunities to those aspiring professionals by working closely with our highly competent, seasoned engineers recognized in the field.
- Leading and performing geotechnical design and analysis for foundations, embankments, retaining walls, underground structures and slope stabilization, etc., under supervision of Principals or Associates
- Leading and performing geotechnical engineering analyses and numerical analysis using various computer software
- Leading and performing hands-on field observation & inspection of geotechnical investigation and construction activities
- Managing projects or assisting project managers to coordinate project work and prepare geotechnical reports
The candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Strong background in soil mechanics
- Ability to perform and lead geotechnical design and analysis
- Ability to perform and lead field observation, sampling and testing of soils and rocks, classification of soils and rock, preparation of boring logs, foundation inspections, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in using geotechnical engineering and CAD software
- Background in engineering geology and/or rock mechanics would be a plus
- Ability and willingness for travel and field work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Monty Du, P.E (firstname.lastname@example.org)