High School Student Summer Intern – NJ/OR
- Job Type: Temporary
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Language: English (Preferred)
- Location: Newark, NJ and Hillsboro, OR (two separate positions)
GEODesign is seeking a high school student for summer employment to assist in various office related tasks, including assisting in expanding the companies’ project geographical information system (GIS).
The duties of this position generally include the following:
- Perform assigned duties specific to the operational needs of the office.
- Perform various office type functions including retrieving and delivering files and records, scanning documents, and compiling and tabulating numeric data.
- Perform data entry into a computer from source documents.
- Perform specific tasks under the guidance of various GEODesign employees.
- Perform related duties, as requested.
Note: The list of duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are required.
The minimum qualifications for the position include the following:
- Willing and able to perform the job duties.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of employment.
- Must be a current High School student and have a GPA equivalent to a “C” average or higher.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to perform at a high level while working independently.
- Good listening skills.
- Able to follow directions.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Works well with others.
The rate of pay for this temporary position is $15 per hour with no benefits. The work hours will be 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday (i.e., 40 hours per week).
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org