Geotechnical Staff Engineer – CT Office
GEODesign is seeking a full-time entry level geotechnical engineer to provide geotechnical services on design and construction projects in Connecticut and surrounding states. GEODesign is a well-established geotechnical engineering firm headquartered in Connecticut with offices in New York, New Jersey, Vermont, and Oregon. As a GEODesign employee, you can expect to work on challenging projects that will include all facets of geotechnical engineering including foundation designs, subsurface explorations, rock engineering, dam engineering, blast engineering, support of excavation and underpinning, secant pile walls, tieback anchors, instrumentation, vibration monitoring, and value engineering. We have been retained as a consultant for hundreds of infrastructure projects, including all types of buildings, highways, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, rock slopes, and bulkheads.
The responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Field logging of soils boring and test pits.
- Construction observation services such as pile driving inspection, earthwork monitoring, compaction testing, slope stabilization, and foundation subgrade inspections.
- Laboratory testing including grain size analyses, Proctor testing, and natural moisture content determinations.
- Geotechnical instrumentation installation and/or monitoring.
- Working with senior engineers to perform engineering calculations and prepare geotechnical reports and proposals.
- Regular travel in Connecticut, with occasional out-of-state travel.
The requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Entry to two years of geotechnical or civil engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- A reliable form of transportation and a valid driver’s license.
GEODesign is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please contact Tim Coville, P.E. (email@example.com) if interested in interviewing.