Geotechnical Engineer I – OR Office
- Location: Hillsboro, OR
- Desired Experience Level: 0 – 5 years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering
- Required Education: BS degree in Civil Engineering with strong geotechnical and/or structural engineering coursework, or relevant work experience. Graduate degree with Geotechnical Engineering focus would be a plus.
- Authorization required to work in US: Yes
GEOMechanics/GEODesign is a premier geotechnical specialty engineering consulting firm headquartered in Connecticut, with offices in NJ, VT, NY and OR. We are a regional industry leader providing services in the fields of geotechnical, environmental, forensic, and construction engineering. GEOMechanics/GEODesign has an immediate opening in Oregon for an entry level geotechnical engineer to provide geotechnical services on design and construction projects.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an emerging professional in geotechnical engineering to work on a wide variety of projects such as highways & bridges, buildings, water front structures, land development, forensic engineering, dam engineering, and environmental remediation. GEOMechanics/GEODesign offers great growth potential and learning opportunities to those aspiring professionals by working closely with our highly competent, seasoned engineers recognized in the field.
- Performance of geotechnical design and analysis for foundations, embankments, retaining walls, underground structures and slope stabilization, etc., under direct supervision of senior geotechnical professionals
- Special inspection of test borings, test pits, subgrade, drilled and driven piles, SOE systems, and underpinning
- Performance of geotechnical engineering analyses and numerical analysis using various computer software
- Hands-on field observation & inspection of geotechnical investigation and construction activities
- Some CAD work
- Assisting project managers to coordinate project work and prepare geotechnical reports
The candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Strong background in soil mechanics
- Ability to perform geotechnical design and analysis
- Ability to perform field observation, sampling and testing of soils and rocks, classification of soils and rock, preparation of boring logs, foundation inspections, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in using engineering and CAD software
- Knowledge in specialty geotechnical engineering software would be a plus; typical geotechnical engineering software include SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, SLIDE, Settle 3D, LPILE, GROUP, GRLWEAP, STABL, PLAXIS, PHASE2, FLAC, PROSHAKE, gINT, AutoCAD, etc.; or similar software programs
- Background in engineering geology and/or rock mechanics would be a plus
- Ability and willingness for travel and field work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resumes to: email@example.com