Geotechnical Engineer I/II – CT Office
GEODesign is a premier geotechnical specialty engineering consulting firm headquartered in Connecticut, with offices in NJ, VT, NY and OR. We are a regional industry leader providing services in the fields of geotechnical, environmental, forensic, and construction engineering. GEODesign has an immediate opening in Connecticut for an entry to mid-level geotechnical engineer to provide geotechnical services on design and construction projects in New England and Metro New York areas.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an emerging professional in geotechnical engineering to work on a wide variety of projects such as highways & bridges, buildings, water front structures, land development, forensic engineering, dam engineering, and environmental remediation. GEODesign offers great growth potential and learning opportunities to those aspiring professionals by working closely with our highly competent, seasoned engineers recognized in the field.
The duties include:
- Performance of geotechnical design and analysis for foundations, embankments, retaining walls, underground structures and slope stabilization, etc., under direct supervision of senior geotechnical professionals
- Performance of geotechnical engineering analyses and numerical analysis using various computer software
- Hands-on field observation & inspection of geotechnical investigation and construction activities
- Assisting project managers to coordinate project work and prepare geotechnical reports
The candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Strong background in soil mechanics
- Ability to perform geotechnical design and analysis
- Ability to perform field observation, sampling and testing of soil and rock, classification of soil and rock, preparation of boring logs, foundation inspections, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in using geotechnical engineering software such as SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, SLIDE, Settle 3D, LPILE, GROUP, GRLWEAP, STABL, PLAXIS, PHASE2, FLAC, PROSHAKE, gINT, AutoCAD, or similar software programs
- Background in engineering, geology and/or rock mechanics would be a plus
- Ability and willingness for travel and field work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Location: Middlebury, CT
Geography: New England / NYC Metro
Desired Level Experience: 0 – 10 years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering
Required Education: Graduate degree with Geotechnical Engineering focus; Very strong candidates with a BS degree and relevant experience will be considered.
Authorization required to work in US: Yes
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resumes to: email@example.com