Engineer 1 – OR Office
As a GeoMechanics employee, you can expect to work on challenging projects that will include all facets of geotechnical engineering including foundation designs, subsurface explorations, rock engineering, dam engineering, blast engineering, support of excavation and underpinning, secant pile walls, tieback anchors, instrumentation, vibration monitoring, and value engineering. We have been retained as a consultant for hundreds of infrastructure projects, including all types of buildings, highways, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, rock slopes, and bulkheads. Some of our current projects include the following:
- Metro North Railroad – A multi-year contract providing rock engineering for all MNR rock slopes in New York,
- Essex Crossing – A $1 billion Lower East Side megaproject encompassing six acres and nine buildings.
- Domino Sugar Redevelopment – A $1.5 billion redevelopment project along Brooklyn’s East River that will include several high rise buildings and a renovated NYC Landmarked refinery building.
- 100 Claremont – A new $125 million 42-story building on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- Roslyn Grist Mill Reconstruction – Restoration of a 1720 industrial building on Roslyn, New York.
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Special inspection of test borings, test pits, subgrade, drilled and driven piles, SOE systems, and underpinning.
- Work with senior engineers to perform engineering calculations and prepare geotechnical reports and proposals.
- Maintain a professional image and be respectful to everyone.
- Remain flexible to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve GeoMechanics’ needs.
The requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Entry to two years of geotechnical or civil engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of interest in learning AutoCAD is preferred.
- Possess reliable transportation to access project sites and have a valid driver’s license
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org